We have a specialised team of senior leading corporate lawyers, many of whom have governance experience in their own right (including as independent directors and board chairs), who provide advice on the full spectrum of issues that both our listed and private clients must deal with.
We are regularly sought out to provide insightful and pragmatic strategic governance advice to boards, independent directors, and board committees.
Our work includes advice on:
- Directors’ duties and liabilities (including in relation to health and safety).
- Board composition (including subcommittees).
- Best practice corporate governance policies and procedures.
- Director and senior executive remuneration structuring and disclosure (including director contracts and employee share plans and incentive arrangements).
- Director disclosure obligations under the Companies Act 1993, the Financial Markets Conduct Act and Regulations, and the NZX Listing Rules.
- Annual reports and preparation for annual general meetings and other shareholder meetings and communications.
- Shareholder disputes.
- The rights and obligations of directors and shareholders under the Companies Act 1993, the Financial Markets Conduct Act and Regulations and the NZX Listing Rules in relation to capital raising and securities issues.